Leadership! You read it from the books, you heard it from academics, now it is time to learn it from the master. Sensei Ritsuo Shingo was at the management of Toyota for 40 years.
Sensei Ritsuo Shingo is sharing his experience and wisdom in this practical leadership class. He will take you for a journey of a lifetime for 3-weeks which will impact your career forever.
Whether you're managing a small team or an entire business, you will build essential skills to become a successful people manager. You will hear real-life examples and learn the practical tools you can use right away to get better results.
The lessons in this course are strongly influenced by the Sensei Shingo’s extensive background in lean management and in developing high performing organizations. The course is ideally suited for managers in companies wanting to master people management skills and develop a lean culture.
This not theory, this is not a secondhand account of facts. This is practical experience from a top executive at Toyota.
What you'll learn
- Become a successful people manager
- Motivate your employees and create high engagement
- Lead your teams to become high performing teams engaged in continuous improvement.
- Use lean tools and techniques to deliver results
- Implement a lean culture (Toyota Production System) in your organization
Who is Sensei Ritsuo Shingo?
Sensei Ritsuo Shingo is an expert in leadership with more than 40 years of experience serving at top management positions at Toyota.
He was the founder and the first president of Toyota China. Under his leadership Toyota China became one of the most successful ventures of Toyota worldwide. Following this success, he was appointed as the president of Hino Motors and then served as the president of GAC-Hino until 2009.
Sensei Shingo was the translator of the first book on Toyota Production System in English written by his father TPS pioneer Shigeo Shingo in 1976. He applied his father’s and other TPS pioneers’ teachings into his management practices.
Today sensei Shingo dedicates his time in coaching high-level executives as well as teaching the next generation of leaders his learnings from the practice of Toyota style management.
Module 1: Essentials Skills
- Leadership Essentials
- Leading by example
- Challenge, failure and responsibility
Module 2: Leadership in Practice
- Daily management (Gemba Walk)
- Dealing with problems
- Engaging People: Total participation of employees
Module 3: Sustainable Leadership
- What is culture?(Toyota Culture)
- Supplier/Dealer Relationship
- Respect for people
- Problem Solving: What is “problem?”
- Hoshin Kanri (Objective Control)
- Learn directly from the President of Toyota who applied these skills successfully for 40 years
- Access the Sensei for cases and discussions after seminars
- Networking opportunity with other professionals
- Be part of the Sensei Shingo's disciples in a virtual classroom group for sharing experiences
- Learn TPS style management and LEAN tools from 50 years practice
- Get your certification and advance in your career
Did you know?
- Sensei Shingo was the president of Toyota and Hino Motors in China and has 40 years of management experience at Toyota
- He established Toyota in China and made profit in its first year. Average for a Toyota plant worldwide for this is 8 years.
- He translated Shigeo Shingo's Green book in 1976 and coined the term SMED
- He is one of the most experienced TPS practitioners with 50 years as he was taught by his father Shigeo Shingo in 70s.
- He is known for leading by example, caring for people and his daily immersion to Gemba.
Dates: 18th of February 2022 – 4th of March 2022 (Subject to change)
Length: 4 sessions/ 2.5 hours per week
Locations: Virtual Classroom / Live Sessions